1. What is Feng Shui Love?
This post is about using applications like feng shui to find love, feng shui for attracting a partner, feng shui love cures together with other established techniques.
Feng shui is about where you live – enhancing the Energy for developing love and relationships. It is a passive technique. It prepares the ground for the personal activity that you have to do.
The preparation for feng shui is mainly in the bedroom but there is some work to be carried out in the home.
This post is essentially of tips and you can select what you want to use. These tips are generalised and not specific to a particular person, home or country – tropical or temperate. You will get results by using some of the tips but, if you want better results, you can use the services of a professional feng shui consultant or from the lineage association that I belong to Alliance Feng Shui. The consultation by a professional is about identifying the Energy going to the home and its distribution within. Then there is the matching of the home to the people. These tips are general for all people for all situations. The consultation is about you, your home and the issues that you want help in.
To get better results for the readers, I have included other proven methodologies that work together with the Feng Shui Love methods.
2. What is Love?
Everyone needs to know that someone cares for them, and to care for someone in turn. When you feel valued and appreciated, you also feel special. In a relationship where two people seem to complement each other, where they are the human embodiment of yin and yang, the chances of developing a stable, long-lasting partnership are high. If you feel that an existing relationship is in the doldrums or you’re having trouble finding the ideal partner, then use the principles of feng shui to make immediate improvements.
Boosting Your Love Life
Sometimes a relationship which has gone well for a long period suddenly hits difficulties. Look and see what has changed — especially if you’ve just moved home. Perhaps in your previous home the feng shui was ideally suited to enhancing your relationship and in your new property you need to adjust conditions to restore the balance.
If you are single and find that you’re having trouble establishing the kind of relationship you want, again look at your home. Perhaps you have too many framed pictures of single people and a dormant or stagnant Relationship sector, caused by clutter, in your home.
3. The Trinity of Luck
One of the essential tenets of Chinese Philosophy is the Trinity of Luck. This consists of the components – Tien Chai (Heaven Luck), Ti Chai (Earth Luck) and Ren Chai (Man Luck). The pattern of your life is determined by the interaction of these three factors.
This is your Destiny and, according to the Chinese, is determined by your date and time of your birth. Therefore, it is not possible to alter or control this (This is your template of your life). This can be documented in a Destiny reading like BaZi (4 Pillars). It is essentially a personal astrology reading.
This is the Luck of the Environment and is within our control. Feng Shui is a method for changing the Energies of the environment. It is a pro-active system and measures can be taken to enhance fortune or alleviate the severity of misfortune.
Feng shui luck brings opportunities, improves the chances of success, and enhances living conditions and relationships.
This includes the following:
- The person’s outlook – virtues, philanthropic attitudes and deeds towards mankind.
- Education, exposure and experience in life from which wisdom can be drawn.
- The amount of effort put in by the person himself or herself!
Both Man Luck and Earth Luck are within the person’s control. Together constitute two-thirds of your life. Thus good feng shui brings opportunities for advancement but if one does not seize the opportunity with hard work, positive attitude and determination (components of Man Luck), all the good Feng Shui gets squandered! Man Luck is what you create yourself.
The most effective way to get results is to utilise both Man and Earth Lucks.
The Man Luck is to take direct action – meeting people, taking part in activities, making yourself known, present yourself so that people are aware of you. Do not just be in the background. Be aware or be in front of other people. Meet them!
The feng shui just enhances the luck of meeting and the developing the relationship. It is up to you to define who the right person is.
Feng shui can provide a guide to compatible people BUT, you have to take action to get the results.
Here are some other techniques that have been used successfully to get what you want. When you know what you want, you will get it.
- The Law of Attraction.
- Positive Mindset
- Power of Visualisation
My philosophy – use all the effective tools that you can muster to get the job done properly.
4. Who wants to use Feng Shui Love?
Many have found love just by being themselves but there are others who need the extra push to find a partner.
From my experience working as a professional feng shui consultant – there are 3 types of people who have requested help for this type of work:
The Single person:
They have lived alone for a long time and they are very comfortable with that idea. So to get a relationship, it takes:
- A Mindset change – inviting another person to share your life with them. This means moving out of your comfort zone to meet new people.
- The space in your home has been about yourself. You need to create space two people.
- Remove images of single people and add item that are in equal pairs.
- Look towards a positive future with a partner.
From an Old or Broken relationship:
- A new start after ending of a relationship.
- Confidence needs to be built up.
- Remove the past images, thoughts and attitudes.
- Looking to a positive future.
A relationship that is hitting a rocky patch.
- Working out changes to your home and your relationship.
- Is it complacency?
For all these groups, it is clearing the past and starting afresh. Don’t stay there, move out of your comfort zone.
5. Why it has not been working in the Past?
Topics that hinder feng shui love.
- Home – unsettled, clutter, untidy, undecorated.
- Images of the past – unhappy, previous relationships.
- Negative outlook.
- Mindset – resistance to change.
6. The approach in this Feng Shui Love post:
I believe in the holistic approach. Use whatever tools you have to achieve a result. The main hurdle is to expand your comfort zone. Once a small win is achieved, confidence comes back and the comfort zone expands dramatically. The results come in.
7. Sections of Feng Shui Love
- Personal Action
- Feng Shui for Recognition or Fame
- Feng Shui for Love and Marriage
- Feng Shui in the Bedroom
Feng Shui Love – Personal Action:
This is about making Affirmations, having Mindset changes and taking Personal Action like going out to meet people; getting encounters and getting known.
- What type of person do you want? – make it tangible – describe it, draw it, visualise it.
- A new you – new image, new clothes, new attitude – a change from the past to a new you. Identify the “type” of person you are interested in. Visualise the image and also, visualise that you are with the person – dinner, walks, in your home etc.
- Start a scrap book of your future with your new partner. Describe the qualities and attributes of your new partner.
- It is about new beginnings. Wiping the past with new starts. Change your Mindset. You are inviting a new person into your life. Change from closed to an inviting one.
- Change your daily habits. Change the style of your clothing. Make it more noticeable. Do not afraid to do something different.
- Move out of your comfort zone. Do things that you have never done before. It is the comfort zone that is stopping you developing a relationship. The bigger the comfort zone, the better. Keep trying new things. What is the worst that can happen if it does not works. You are still alive. You will not die. This gives you the experience to get a more suitable partner.
- Make an effort to go and meet people that are outside your normal group. There are websites like Meetup who organise events in many cities in the world.
- Memories: To clear out the past Memories:
Feng Shui Love – The Home:
These actions are to get rid of the old and enhance the new Energy coming in.
- Remove old images of a single person, old loves & previous relationships.
- Clear the pathway to the property. Make sure that the front looks well presented and inviting. Tidy the garden where applicable.
Feng Shui Love – Recognition:
This is to enhance the “Recognition” or “Fame” Energy. To help you get known. The Element of the South is Fire so Red is the enhancing colour. Identify the South Sector of the home using a map or a compass.
- Switch on a light in this sector to draw on the complementary fire energy.
- Use crystals to attract yang energy to this sector.
- Use a red Chinese fan or a picture featuring a red peony flower.
- Have real or silk flowers such as red roses.
- Decoration – try having pairs as a decoration like candles or people in images.
- Do not have images of single or isolated people and of disasters like shipwrecks.
Feng Shui Love – Love:
This is to enhance the Love or Relationship Energy. The Element is Earth and hence the use of Crystals to activate the Love Energy. Identify the South West Sector of your home with a map or compass.
- Place Ceramics figurines or statues of couples to increase your popularity.
- Place crystals of Rose Quartz.
- Carry a rose quartz heart on your person.
- Keep things in pairs, these are feng shui symbols to attract love – mandarin ducks, double fish, butterflies or a Chinese Double Happiness Symbol.
- Ensure that you activate the Love sector of your home, use real or silk flowers such as red roses.
Feng Shui Love: Bedroom
- Do not have an aquarium or basin in your bedroom
- Do not have images that show unhappiness, disasters like shipwrecks or the past.
- Do not use live plants or flowers in the bedroom (there are exceptions).
- Peach Blossom (simplified):
- To search for a woman, put flowers in a vase on the front right side of the home (indoors) or the right bedside table.
- To search for a man, put flowers in a vase on the front left side of the home (indoors) or the left bedside table.
- Use fresh and lovely flowers as this symbolise the type of person you want. (If you want to break off a relationship, use withering or dead flowers).
- This makes you more attractive to the people you want to meet.
- Compatibility using Kua numbers: From my experience, when 2 people have the same Kua number, there is a very good chance that they get on very well. People born in particular Chinese years are allocated Kua numbers. This is part of the Eight House (or Mansions) Formula where people belong to 2 groups – East House and West House. More information can be found in here. Enter your date of birth on this web site. Also enter the date of birth of the person you are interested in. When the numbers are the same, the chances of good compatibility are very high. Keep a record of these numbers as they will be used later.
There is a slight addition to the above rule.
If you are a male with kua number 5, read as kua 2.
If you are female with kua number 8, read as kua 8.
After getting the kua numbers of the couple they are different as one has a number 5.
Male with kua number 5. This is equivalent to 2.
Female with kua number 2.
The couple have the same kua number. From my experience, I have found them to be very compatible.
- Place a flowering plant in your relevant direction within the home.
|Kua Number||Directional Sector|
|5 equivalent to 2 (male)||South West|
|5 equivalent to 8 (female)||North East|
This makes a you more attractive to the people you want to meet.
- Remove images of the past; have images of what you want of the future – travel destinations, homes, a happy couple etc.
- Make space for someone special – empty hangers in the closet, space in the bathroom shelves so that a partner in waiting.
- Colours – keep the colours light. This gives the impression of a larger room. Avoid colours like black (too yin) or red (too yang). You could have accents of a darker shade.
- Focus is on the Bed – Get rid of distractions of electronics like TV, computers, paper work etc.
- Avoid Mirrors. Mirrors are said to improve the “romance” within the bedroom. However, mirrors reflecting the sleeping body disrupt sleep.
- Decorations: The theme is romance and keep things in pairs – mandarin ducks, double fish, butterflies or the Chinese double happiness sign. Remember, do not over do it as it might become a showroom.
- Use of smells in the bedroom. A client who has an interest in aromatherapy made this suggestion to me as she had good results with it. Use the same type of smell on the person and with the room. For example being natural oils like bergamot or lavender. This creates a sub-conscious link of the person to the room with good times.
- Tidy bathroom, get rid of the unnecessary items and clear some space.
- Make sure there is privacy in the bedroom. It is your personal space.
- Do not forget to open the windows during the day. This is to refresh the Energy in the bedroom.
Feng Shui Love: Bed
- The focus is on the bed. Distractions are to be minimised.
- Clear the clutter, especially under the bed, and tidy these items in drawers, cupboards or boxes.
- Get a good solid headboard. The head board has to be against a solid wall. The wall should have no adjoining windows, or adjacent to bathrooms or kitchens especially the cooking stove.
- Freshen up your bedclothes (bed sheets and pillow cases). Preferably get a new set.
- The bed has to be positioned comfortably in the room. Also, 2 persons can get out of the bed easily.
- Have sufficient pillows for 2 persons with a suitably sized duvet etc.
- Add decorations on the bed like cushions. The theme is romance. The colours of red, heart designs or colour, couples, happy images etc.
Research by Helen and Michael Oon
Thank you for reading this post. Take one or all of these tips. They are for your benefit.
Please make a comment. It is much appreciated.
Credits: The images used in this post were from https://unsplash.com/. Their generosity is greatly appreciated.
Other Blog Posts