- Feng Shui is about using the environment to improve your life.
2. The bedroom is the ideal place – you spend at least 8 hours a day in rest.
3. This is the ideal opportunity to get the improvements from the environment.
4. What do you need? With a good sleep, your body is rested and you are prepared for the next day.
5. However, if you do not have a good sleep, you do not wake up refreshed – changes in your mood, not able to go through the day smoothly, lack of good sleep can affect your health and your relationships.
6. Lighting. The lighting in the bedroom has to fit a number of different requirements. Hence, it is better that there is a dimmer so that this can be carried out.
7. Some Rules for the application of Feng Shui – Do’s and Don’ts
8. Feng Shui is about balance. You should not go for very dark colours – black (too yin) or too bright – like red (too yang). The amount of decoration should be reasonable. It is not going to be a showroom. It is your private room.
In Feng Shui, one room has one purpose.
The bedroom is meant for sleeping.
To discourage these activities
- The bedroom is not to be used as a place for work or exercise. These activities are considered yang or active and is not compatible to a yin environment.
- Ideally, there should be no TV in the bedroom but it is now considered an essential.
- Secondly, I have seen this practise carried in a number of bedroom where the ashes of a relative (usually mother) or their favourite pet is in the bedroom. This is too Yin for the bedroom and the casket with the ashes should be put in the appropriate location outside the property.
Bedroom for 2 people
Which side of the bed is the male (yang) side?
The left side is the dragon (yang) and the right side is the tiger (yin) side.
However, in the end, which side of the bed depends mainly on personal circumstances.
The bed is the centre of the bedroom because its function is to provide a place for rest and sleep for the persons.
The layout of the room is the next priority.
The direction of the bed that is best suited for the person.
Personalised colours of the bedroom
Decorations in terms of the types of images
Use of Accessories
Other useful Tips
Links to Reviews of Various Feng Shui Topics