The main purpose of a bedroom is to sleep. As you sleep, your energy circulates within the room.
A small bedroom has the advantage that this energy gets circulated within the confines of the internal walls of a small space. As a result, the people in the bed feel comfortable. Hence, they get a better night’s sleep compared to a very large room.
The larger the room, the energy has to move over a larger area. Hence it is more dilute which can make the people in the bed feel uncomfortable. Hence, their sleep is disturbed or can be disrupted.
In a small bedroom, space is at a premium so the physical items have to be kept to the bare essentials. However, the feng shui principles remain the same.
- Bed placement The basic rules of how the bed should be placed in the bedroom.
2. Bedroom layout – usually there is only one location that the bed.
4. The room fixtures – have what is necessary. You do not want the walls and the floor to be cluttered with wall units or furniture. It would make you feel claustrophobic in the room.
5. Be tidy – do not clutter the space with clothes, books or mugs. Everything has a place. Hang the clothes and leave the used clothes in the laundry basket.
6. Make the bed up after you have used it. There is nothing more demoralising that seeing an unmade bed. See how uplifting a made bed is. It is good for daily discipline when set as a daily routine.
7. Do not forget the headboard. This is one feng shui necessity for the small bedroom.
8. Have a bedside cabinet or a night stand. This is where you can keep your essentials and be tidy.
9. Electronic Devices – In Feng Shui, it is best not to have electronic devices switched on when you are asleep. It is best if you can keep these devices away from the bedroom.
10. Mirrors that reflect the sleeping body are discouraged in feng shui. If you do not have the space to relocate it, just cover it with a curtain. Cover the mirror when you go to bed.
11. Furniture – like drawers, wardrobe, dressing table.
- Drawers and wardrobes are for the storage of clothes and accessories. Do you have space for these? In my opinion, they are essential if there is the space. If you do not have the space in the bedroom, is there space in other rooms?
- A dressing table with a stool is a luxury for a small bedroom. Can you stand? If there is insufficient space, perhaps, this could be done in the bathroom.
12. Colour – I have previously gone into detail the best colour for you based on your kua number ( ). Because it is a small bedroom, select a very light shade so that the room will not look small. You want it to look as large as possible.
13. Images in your bedroom can manifest in your future real life. So be very careful. This blog post gives you some ideas.
- Your future – aspirational images. What and where do you want to be in the future – say 2 to 5 years’ time? How about images of relationships – with your partner or family?
- Do not have images of aggression or violent. This can manifest to your real life.
- Avoid abstract work. Does it have a clear or easily interpretable meaning? You do not want to go through life in an abstract way? You want it clear message in the images.
14. Plants – best to avoid placing them in the bedroom.
15. Water features and Aquarium – avoid using them in the bedroom.
Links to Reviews of Various Feng Shui Topics